Monday, October 19, 2009

Cooking Ventures Newsletter -- October 2009

Hello Blog Buddies!

It's hard to believe that my blog has been up and running almost three months already. I've posted over 50 recipes so far and my blog is now averaging about 250 page views per day and is viewed worldwide.  People email me almost daily to get cooking advice, request recipes, recommend improvements, send hate mail, and more. Feel free to email me anytime at cookingventures@gmail.com or add a comment to an individual recipe posting.

Speaking of comments, the software I use for my blog seems to have a glitch and it can be challenging sometimes to leave a comment.  I just made some technical changes to my blog this weekend.  Hopefully, this will solve (or reduce) the number of errors that people get when they attempt to leave a comment.

If you have not yet subscribed to my blog, you can do so by entering your email on the right side of the screen (or subscribing via RSS feed). I will never sell or give your contact information to a third party. I hate spam as much as you do!

Several people have emailed me asking for permission to give a friend or a relative my website address. No need – my blog is public domain and can be viewed by anyone. The more, the merrier! 

You will notice that I added a translation widget in the right column.  I have readers in 38 countries and I wanted to make it easier for them to read my blog.  I have also considered adding a metric converter in the right column.  I am very comfortable using the metric system so, instead of adding a converter, I may simply list both metric and U.S. measurements in each recipe so nobody would have to take the time to convert anything.  For those of you outside of the U.S, let me know what you think about that idea.  I'm trying to decide if it's worth the extra effort or not.

For the last several weeks, I have posted a recipe every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.  I track how many people view my blog everyday and I noticed that readership is lowest on the weekends, which I found surprising.  You would think that people would have more time to read blogs on weekends rather than during the week but apparently I'm wrong.   For this reason, I have not been posting recipes on the weekends.  Posting three recipes a week can be a challenge sometimes.  When I started my blog, I never intended to post recipes quite this often but I've had such a fun time doing it!  For the next few weeks, I'm going to post 2 or 3 recipes per week and see how that affects readership.  I'll let you know how this experiment goes in my next newsletter.

Thank you all for allowing me to share my recipes with you! Enjoying – and happy cooking!

Vince
cookingventures@gmail.com

4 comments:

  1. Hello Blog Buddies!
    Due to a known problem with the blogging software I use on this website, you may get an error when you attempt to post a comment. If you try to leave a comment and get an error, simply click the "Post Comment" button again. It should work after clicking the "Post Comment" button one or two additional times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am new to reading your blog butit is one of my favorites. I love ther recipes I've tried and always like reading the commentary that goes along with them. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Found your blog today! I can't wait to try out some of your tasty recipes! Thanks for sharing so many. I will let you know how they turn out for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this blog. :) The recipes always have a story, and I like that alot.

    ReplyDelete

A moderator reviews all comments before they are posted. After submitting your comments, please check back in a few hours to see if they were added.

Related Posts with Thumbnails